About birthdays and about age. And some fun moments of my birthday boat party.

Birthday boat party in Miami

I have always loved my birthdays. I love being the center of attention for that one day and feeling special. I love birthday wishes, presents, flowers and balloons and fun birthday cards. As far as I can remember, I always wake up happy and excited on the day of my birthday anticipating something magic to happen, almost like on the New Year’s Eve (which for Russians is the biggest holiday of the year, when Ded Moroz brings presents to kids, like Santa Clause does on Christmas).

When you get older, I’ve heard, birthdays tend to become less exciting and even depressing. It’s the day when you get one year older and it’s not that fun anymore as it was in your 20’s. I’ve been waiting for this to happen with a sinking heart for a couple of years now. Yet, I didn’t feel sad or depressed on my birthday this year, just like the last year or the year before that. I turned 32 on Friday. “Yeay!” I told my boyfriend, “I was born today and I am so happy that I did!”


When you get older, I’ve heard, birthday celebrations become less fun and more ceremonious and dignified. As far as I can tell, with a set of friends who’ve always known how to party and so far haven’t been affected by the wisdom of age, boring is the last word to describe my birthday celebrations. Thank you guys for never losing adventurous spirit, sense of humor and your ability to party like there is no tomorrow!

This year I decided to celebrate my birthday on a boat. Accidentally, my boyfriend owns a boat rental company and he generously agreed to spare his boat for the celebration (forgive me for my occasional sarcasm, which is a part of me and I simply can’t do without). Hooray! It turned out to be even better than I imagined.

Miami Party Boat Rentals
Birthday boat party in Miami

We started the day at Haulover Sandbar, where I once again realized that adults are the same kids just a little bit bigger. Waterguns fights – what can be better? We had a blast!

birthday boat party in Miami
birthday boat party in Miami

The next stop was Pelican Island for a delicious Brazilian barbeque, jumping from the pier, mojitos and the cake.

Pelican Island
Pelican Island birthday party
Birthday party in Miami
Birthday party in Miami
Birthday party in Miami
Birthday party in Miami
Birthday party in Miami

As the sun started getting down, we set our sails to the last destination of the day, Beer Can Island. Not even heavy rain could stop us! This island is an awesome place to hang out after dark – you can set a bonfire, turn music really loud without bothering anyone, dance, fool around and even fly sky lanterns (translucent hot-air balloons), which, by the way, was a surprise prepared by my boyfriend and I loved it!

Birthday party in Miami
Birthday party in Miami

I don’t think I will ever stop loving my birthdays, no matter how old I get. I’m already excited and curious what will happen on that day next year.

P.S. My boyfriend just complained I don’t say enough about him in my posts and he is right. The day before the boat party we had a celebration for just the two of us. Pasha took me for a romantic dinner to the Versace Mansion restaurant. It was a surprise and I didn’t know where we were going until we arrived there. Gorgeous place, exquisite atmosphere, romantic music. I guess it is not always about crazy parties. Sometimes nothing feels better than wearing an elegant outfit and spending a quiet evening at an upscale restaurant with a handsome gentleman, drinking champagne and being, well, adults.

Versace Mansion
Versace Mansion
Versace Mansion

You can rent a pontoon boat just like the one we had at Miami Party Boat Rentals.

Get 15% discount for your special event rental as a reader of Atstarfish blog (leave a comment here to claim this discount or mention Atstarfish when you call for reservation).

Places to go:

  • , , ,

    CONVERSATION

    1 comments:

    1. Looking for a boat charter in fort lauderdale to organize a party or spend vacations? You can visit us at http://www.nauticalyachtcharters.com/

      ReplyDelete