Tea Infused and Fresh Juice Ice Cubes Skin Care

Infused Ice Cubes Skin Care

Being a tea addict and always searching for new recipes (especially the ones with outstanding health benefits) suddenly paid off in an unexpected way!

I’ve always known that ice cube therapy can do wonders on the skin and it is a very popular skin treatment among women in many cultures (including never aging Korean and Chinese women!J)

However, until my recent hunt for new tea recipes, it never occurred to me that ice cubes could be made with herbal and tea infusions! I was hooked instantly and made several trays of different herbal/tea infused ice cubes to give them a try.



lavender tea infused ice cubes

The verdict is YES! I’ve been treating my face with infused ice cubes for a couple of months now and I absolutely love it. My skin looks great: under eyes dark circles almost disappeared, cheeks are rosy and fresh and pores on my nose and chin tightened.

I can’t guarantee, of course, that these effects are solely due to ice cubes, as it might be anything, really – spending more time in the fresh air, or current diet,  or getting more sleep… One thing is for sure, though – I love the rejuvenating, awakening feeling I get after rubbing an ice cube on my face in the morning! Soooo, infused ice cubes are a definite keeper in my skin care routine!

Ice cubes skin treatment is believed to have these benefits on the skin:


-          Minimizing  the appearance of enlarged pores and making the skin look smoother;
-          Ice improves blood circulation and so promotes healthier, fresher look;
-          Fighting formation of wrinkles;
-          Fighting acne and healing blemishes;
-          Reducing puffiness and dark circles under eyes.

Infused ice cubes have even more benefits!

For my first trial I froze green tea (antioxidants slow down aging), chamomile tea (healing, soothing, reducing puffiness and under eye circles), lavender tea (healing acne, soothing and toning) and mint tea (treating oily skin, curing skin irritation).

tea infused ice cubes facial
tea infused ice cubes facial
tea infused ice cubes facial

When my first trial tray was up, I decided to experiment with fresh juice ice cubes and went for tomato juice – oh boy, these are good! The skin instantly brightens up, looks amazingly fresh and smooth!

Tomato juice ice cubes skin care


For my future trays I am considering these alternatives: sage, calendula, parsley infusions; lemon, cucumber, orange juices; adding olive oil into any herbal infusions.

And now I am going to rub my face with an ice cube, drink chamomile tea, read a few pages of A Clash of Kings and go to sleep. J 


P.S. Being forever a spontaneously frivolous life style advocate, I would never think I might say it, BUT - it feels great to maintain a healthy routine and to follow a certain regime every day. 

Have a great week! 

  • ,

    CONVERSATION

    10 comments:

    1. This is so interesting, I never would have thought of this! Do you only do it in the morning? Does it replace any of your regular skin care items?

      Silly Medley: Lifestyle and Travel

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I replace toner and lotion with ice cubes - morning and evening...not everyday, cause I am a lazy girl, but as often as I can :)

        Delete
    2. Really interesting tips! I've heard about using plain ice cubes before, but never infused with tea. Definitely need to try this :)

      http://www.mintnotion.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yes yes yes! Try it, I promise, you'll be hooked! :)

        Delete
      2. This comment has been removed by the author.

        Delete
    3. Had never heard of ice cube therapy before but definitely intrigued! Sounds more fun that my normal skincare routine, and if the results are anything like as good as described that would be amazing! Definitely going to have to give it a try!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Catherine, yeap, I love ice cubes not only for the great results on my skin, but for the fun of it as well! :)

        Delete
      2. Oh and by the way, great concept for the blog - I really liked it! I should start treating every day as an adventure too, as I am really craving adventures constantly! :D

        Delete
    4. Anonymous06 May, 2015

      I've never heard about that practice, but it sounds very interesting and easy to do ! The tomato sounds very effective. I've seen a new range of products using tomato recently, so it must have some effects :-)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yap, tomatoes are packed with antioxidants which are supposed to reverse aging effects, calm inflammation and maintain healthy skin appearance overall. Sometimes I just use a slice of tomato to treat my face instead of a lotion and to get rid of excess of oil. Works like a charm! :)

        Delete