Snorkel, snorkel and again snorkel. Then? Then snorkel some more!

Did I mention that this post is about snorkeling? Duh! 

Key Largo Reef Snorkeling

Last weekend we went to Key Largo for our friend’s birthday (you can read about Full Moon Party in Islamorada Here) and decided to kill two birds with one stone – fish and my friend Natalie… Just kidding, of course, the birds would be snorkeling and birthday celebration. It was my second time snorkeling (ever) and I must confess – I loooved it! On our way back to the shore I spent some time thinking why do I enjoy it so much? I came up with 3 major reasons why I love snorkeling:


1.    I like fish. I do like it as a baked juicy herbal lemony dish, but that’s not what I mean right now. I really enjoy the silence of the underwater world. I feel some connection to its quiet inhabitants. Maybe because I am on the quiet side myself. I was born mutely. Not a single scream of a newborn baby reached the ears of the ecstatic adults around me. Ever since I haven’t been good at openly expressing my feelings and emotions (though with age I am getting better). So, I like fish. The fish won’t ask you, “Oh, why are you being so quiet? Is everything ok with you?” The fish gets it! We are on the same page.  Besides, when you are not distracted by the noise, it seems like your vision gets the second birth – you notice such details, it’s amazing!

Key Largo Snorkeling

2.    I feel like Alice in Wonderland. The underwater world is very different and unique, but at the same time it is so similar! It’s like the mirror land. At one point I caught myself thinking what exactly is going on here right now. Is this the rush hour? Are they in a hurry and grumbling about awkward snorkelers who are the cause of the heavy traffic situation? Who knows, might be… Oh, on this picture, my boyfriend looks like he is trying to direct the fish traffic – everybody to the left please!

Key Largo Snorkeling

3.     Finally, I love snorkeling for the colors! When you first see the reefs, everything seems just brownish and faded. But once your eyes get used to the new environment – oh boy, the colors are incredible! Myriads of fluorescent yellow fish sweep over in a blink of an eye only to give way to the blinding silver fleet. Rainbow colored parrotfish, green and orange grunt fish and, my favorite, bright blue angle fish. These are only a few examples!

Key Largo Snorkeling

Key Largo Snorkeling

Key Largo Snorkeling


Key Largo Snorkeling


Key Largo Snorkeling

Key Largo Snorkeling


Key Largo Snorkeling



So, here’s why I love snorkeling! There are no doubt many other reasons, but I am sure you just can’t stay indifferent.
Oh and one more thing. There was a little boy on the boat who would say “I love you, dad!” every 5-10 minutes to his father. He was so cute and so sincere, that I made a resolution for myself to say “I love you” more often.

P.S. I love anyone who took the time and effort to read this post! Thank you!

Where: Key Largo Reefs.

What kind of trip: Afternoon 2 hours Snorkeling with 3 stops for $36.95.

Advice – bring a waterproof camera, cause you will regret not having it.

Key Largo Snorkeling

Key Largo Snorkeling

Key Largo Snorkeling
Our snorkeling instructor
Christ Statue Key Largo
Christ Statue, 28 feet deep under water
Christ Statue Key Largo
It was my first time diving ever! And I did touch Christ's hands!



Key Largo Snorkeling


Key Largo Snorkeling



  • , , , ,

    CONVERSATION

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment